Saturday 22 October 2011

The Importance of a good nights sleep zzzzz



It has been said that the ideal amount of sleep to have each night is 8 hours, but in a busy world with work or Uni or life in general do we all really get 8 hours of sleep a night?
Last week due to the craziness of juggling a life with Uni, gym, work etc I was having 6 hours of sleep a night. It was a struggle to wake up but none the less once I was up and about it was ok, and every day when I awoke I would say “ok tonight will be an early one.” Do you think that happened? Uh..NO chance!
Happily plodding along day to day I was slowly becoming restless and what I would call “emotion” I put it down to new surroundings, but it wasn’t until I noticed I was getting hungrier (not unusual), irritable and insecure for some reason, but then I thought in my crazy hysteria of restlessness I’ve had no sleep!
So you can guess, a good 8 hours sleep later and I felt like myself again,
The point of this article is that the next time you feel restless, uneasy or generally irritable ask yourself if you’ve had enough sleep, you really will feel much better once you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment