Monday 9 March 2009

Snap Happy..A Day In The Life Of…..



I’ve never been in a studio before for my photos to be taken professionally, but I have to say it was a lot of fun and I had a sense of how the celebs live! Having a lovely, talented lady do your hair and make up to make you look fabulous darling was a great experience, even for a few hours.

I was introduced to Yusra a make up artist, whose husband Ray Mckie is a photographer, they work in partnership and have their own company making portfolios for the bargain price of £150, for half a days work, including hair, make up studio time and different looks. Being a complete novice, I had no idea with direction on which poses to do or how to look, act, but I can honestly say I felt so comfortable with the two of them, as Yusra directed me all of the way, the whole day, as well as made me lots of peppermint tea, served with Foxes biscuits!
First of all I had a natural look, then went to a cutesy look with my green dress, and finally had a gym look, to show my athletic side.

It was so interesting to see how the make up looked too, as it was so thick and heavy, and very over exaggerated, yet in photos it looks like I have hardly anything on. Which I found funny as I’d never put that much on in real life.
As for Yusra, (who is also a singer :D) she was so precise with the make up and actually listened to what I wanted which I find is a rarity having been to several make up artists for several make overs in the past, and they do my make up in what they want not what you want.

Being all dolled up and good to go, Ray took over, with Yusra’s direction, they both got snapping. It takes a while to get the right pose, as when I see models in the magazines it looks like they are naturally perfect posers, however having been to hold a certain position all day and smile, its not easy, so I found I have a new found respect for models.

The whole day was so much fun and I can truly say I’d recommend it for my friends, or anyone wanting to feel like a star for the day and to have some hot pics of you to show for it.

I’ve literally and truly seen myself in a different light…...

For more information check out
http://www.raymckie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment